Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Jenni Tellyn

MultipleSclerosis.net community advocate Jenni Tellyn I’m Jenni. Lesbian. Lawyer. Lone parent. Lover of words beginning with L. Probably should have been called Lynne or Loretta or something.

I live by the sea in Brighton, England with my two small girls and a part-time dog. I enjoy swimming (sometimes in the sea when I can pluck up the nerve to get that cold!), watching stand-up comedy and performing improvised comedy.
I’m a lawyer and work nearly full time in knowledge management in London to keep my brain occupied. I’m always on the quest for a better work/life balance.

I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2012 and probably had symptoms since around 2003. I’ve tried various “lifestyle” changes since I was diagnosed (a brief flirtation with the paleo diet, vitamin D supplements, meditation/exercise, etc.) and had Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) treatment in 2017/2018 which seems to have worked really well so far. I am currently living well with the condition and refuse to let it define me or crush my dreams.

I am here to share my journey and feel part of a community of like-minded people. I don’t feel like Non-MSers can quite appreciate what it’s really like to live with the unpredictable “alien” force in our brains tripping us up and mangling our thought processes when we least expect it! I’m looking forward to hearing from you to compare notes on life in MS Land.

Click here to read all of Jenni’s articles on MultipleSclerosis.net.