7 Ways You Can Make a Difference This Holiday Season for the MS Community
‘Tis the season of giving! Did you know that you can give back to the MS community and help support MSAA just by doing some things that you’re probably already doing? Below are seven ways you can make a difference this holiday season and all throughout the year:
- Are you doing any holiday shopping online this year? Use Amazon Smile and a percentage of eligible purchases will be donated to MSAA. It’s easy to get started! Just go to smile.amazon.com, sign in to your Amazon account, and select the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) as your charity. Then shop as usual and Amazon will donate directly to MSAA.
- Have some items lying around the house that you’re thinking of selling on eBay? Maybe that ugly Christmas sweater you got last year from dear old Aunt Agnes? Put that ugly sweater to good use and support MSAA! Register with eBay for Charity and a percentage of your eBay sales (and purchases!) will be donated to help MSAA improve lives today!
- Do you have an unwanted car sitting in your garage collecting dust? Donate it! Your tax-deductible contribution will help provide much needed support for MSAA’s vital programs and services. Cars, boats, RVS, and many other vehicles are accepted. Contact the MSAA Vehicle Donation service who will schedule the pick-up and take care of the rest. Visit www.msassociation-cardonations.org or call (877) 667-2227 for more information.
- Maybe you already got a head start on your New Year’s resolution to get fit or run a marathon in 2016. The country’s most unique marathon, the Rock ‘n Roll Marathon series, has partnered with EverydayHero so you can now "run ‘n' raise" for the MS community! Find out when the Rock n’ Roll Marathon is coming to a city near you and register here.
- And don’t forget to treat yourself this holiday season! You can purchase items through the MSAA and Swim for MS CafePress shop to show your support for MSAA and help raise MS awareness. 20% of the proceeds from everything purchased will go to MSAA in support of our free programs and services. To view the products in our shop, please visit cafepress.com/mymsaa.
- Temperatures may have dropped below freezing in some places already but if you’re a swimmer we know that hasn’t kept you out of the pool. Swim for MS is a great way to do what you love all while supporting a great cause. Register for Swim for MS now and ask friends and family to donate to your fundraiser in lieu of holiday gifts. It’s super easy to get started! Learn more at SwimForMS.org/support.
- Showing support doesn’t always mean monetary donations. If you’re active on social media, you should consider signing up to be a member of our Street Squad – MSAA’s virtual volunteer program. Street Squad volunteers help spread the word about Swim for MS and raise awareness for multiple sclerosis via their social media networks. Sign up today!
However you choose to give back this holiday season, MSAA would like to wish you and yours a safe and enjoyable holiday.
How many specialists did you see before finding "The One"?