MS Awareness Month 2017 Recap
At MultipleSclerosis.net, we just want to thank everyone from our writers to our community members for their help spreading awareness during MS Awareness Month. In case you missed it, we wanted to close out March by recapping the month. See all the videos, articles, and MS facts the community put together below!
Devin and His Family’s Awareness Video
Devin, his wife Aimee, and their lovable dog, Ferdinand, shared a video about the unique challenges they face as a family:
Ask the Experts Series
Our fantastic team of writers shared their tips for managing life with MS:
- Tips and tricks that have made life with MS just a little bit easier
- Tips for getting a good night’s sleep
MS Awareness Facts
We shared a few facts about MS that others outside the community might not be as aware of:
- MS fatigue is not the same as just being tired. – MS Fatigue – When My Tank is on Empty
- MS causes many physical symptoms like pain & weakness, but it causes a lot of emotional symptoms too. – Facing Emotional Symptoms of MS Together
- While people with MS share a common diagnosis, MS is different for everyone. – no two MS-ers are the same. – MS Snowflake
- Temperature can have a huge impact on MS symptoms. – MS and the Battle Against Fluctuating Temperatures
- MS pain is real. – Is MS Pain Real?
MS Awareness Articles
Catch up on other articles published during awareness month:
- Lisa shared how this month reminded her the importance of spreading empathy. – If Not For Having MS, Would I Care?
- Kim shared a few strategies she uses to keep her place at the gaming table that is MS. – Stay in the Game: Some Inspiration for MS Awareness Month
- We recapped the differences between CIS, RRMS, SPMS, and PPMS and the additional research needed into the different types. – What are the differences between CIS, RRMS, SPMS, and PPMS?
- We wrote about the differences between a relapse and a pseudoexacerbation and how a pseudoexacerbation can sometimes be prevented. – Is it an MS Relapse or a Pseudoexacerbation?
- We created Awareness month profile pictures the community used to help spread awareness. – Change Your Avatar
As we all know though, awareness doesn’t stop after the month of March ends. So, let us know in the comments below how, as a community, we can continue to spread awareness year round!