Pain, Perception, and Sleep: A Vicious Cycle
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Krause, A. et al. The Pain of Sleep Loss: A Brain Characterization in Humans. Journal of Neuroscience. March 20, 2019.
- DiSalvo, D. How Much Sleep You Get Influences How Much Pain You Feel, Study Suggests. Forbes. January 28, 2019. https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2019/01/28/how-much-sleep-you-get-may-influence-how-much-pain-you-feel-study-suggests/#4e67cb384b24.
- Eugene AR, Masiak J. The Neuroprotective Aspects of Sleep. MEDtube Sci. 2015;3(1):35–40.
- Vance CG, Dailey DL, Rakel BA, Sluka KA. Using TENS for pain control: the state of the evidence. Pain Manag. 2014;4(3):197–209. doi:10.2217/pmt.14.13
- Esposito, L. Chronic Pain Management: Finding the Right Treatment Mix. US News. October 5, 2018. https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/chronic-pain-management-finding-the-right-treatment-mix.
- Ersoy S, Engin VS. Risk factors for polypharmacy in older adults in a primary care setting: a cross-sectional study. Clin Interv Aging. 2018;13:2003–2011. Published 2018 Oct 15. doi:10.2147/CIA.S176329.