Shrinkage! Brain Atrophy and MS
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Peters R. Ageing and the brain. Postgrad Med J. 2006;82(964):84-8.
- Radue E-W, Barkhof F, Kappos L, et al. Correlation between brain volume loss and clinical and MRI outcomes in multiple sclerosis. Neurology. 2015;84(8):784-793. doi:10.1212/wnl.0000000000001281.
- Kunzmann K, Kaltwasser J. Study: Exercise Combats Multiple Sclerosis Brain Atrophy. MD Magazine. https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/study-training-combats-multiple-sclerosis-brain-atrophy. Published August 6, 2017. Accessed February 21, 2019.
- Zivadinov R, Jakimovski D, Gandhi S, et al. Clinical relevance of brain atrophy assessment in multiple sclerosis. Implications for its use in a clinical routine. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2016;16(7):777-793. doi:10.1080/14737175.2016.1181543.
- Montague A, R. Bakshi R. Brain atrophy in multiple sclerosis: how patients understand the role of brain atrophy in the management of their MS. Poster presented at: ECTRIMS; October 10, 2018; Berlin, Germany.