FDA Approves Unique Stem Cell Therapy Trial in MS Patients
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- FDA Approves Stem Cell Clinical Trial for Multiple Sclerosis. Tisch MS Research Center Press Release, August 14, 2013. Accessed August 27, 2013 at http://www.imsmp.org/sites/default/files/news/FDA Approves Stem Cell trial press release.pdf
- FDA Approved MSC-NP Therapy as Investigational New Drug in MS Clinical Trial: A Research Milestone. Tisch MS Research Center News Release. Accessed August 27, 2013 at http://www.tischms.org/news/fda-approves-msc-np-therapy-investigational-new-drug-ms-clinical-trial-research-milestone
- A Statement on Stem Cell Trial Developments: September 13, 2012. Tisch MS Research Center News Release. Accessed August 28, 2013 at http://www.tischms.org/news/statement-stem-cell-trial-developments-september-13-2012
- A Statement on Stem Cell Trial Developments: August 24, 2012. Tisch MS Research Center News Release. Accessed August 28, 2013 at http://www.tischms.org/news/statement-stem-cell-trial-developments-august-24-2012
- High-Dose Immunosuppression and Autologous Transplantation for Multiple Sclerosis (HALT MS) Study. Immune Tolerance Network. Accessed August 28, 2013 at http://www.immunetolerance.org/studies/high-dose-immunosuppression-and-autologous-transplantation-multiple-sclerosis-halt-ms
- Cristofanilli M, Cymring B, Lu A, Rosenthal H, Sadiq SA. Cerebrospinal fluid derived from progressive multiple sclerosis patients promotes neuronal and oligodendroglial differentiation of human neural precursor cell in vitro. Neuroscience. 2013 Jul 19;250C:614-621. doi: 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.07.022. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cristofanilli M, Harris VK, Zigelbaum A, Goossens AM, Lu A, Rosenthal H, Sadiq SA. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Enhance the Engraftment and Myelinating Ability of Allogeneic Oligodendrocyte Progenitors in Dysmyelinated Mice. Stem Cells Dev. 2011 Dec;20(12):2065-76. doi: 10.1089/scd.2010.0547. Epub 2011 Mar 12.
- Harris VK, Faroqui R, Vyshkina T, Sadiq SA. Characterization of Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Neural Progenitors as a Feasible Source of Stem Cells for Central Nervous System Applications in Multiple Sclerosis. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012 July; 1(7): 536–547. doi: 10.5966/sctm.2012-0015. Epub 2012 June 28.
- Harris VK, Yan QJ, Vyshkina T, Sahabi S, Liu X, Sadiq SA. Clinical and Pathological Effects of Intrathecal Injection of Mesenchymal Stem Cell-Derived Neural Progenitors in an Experimental Model of Multiple Sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2012 Feb 15;313(1-2):167-77. doi: 10.1016/j.jns.2011.08.036. Epub 2011 Oct 1.
- Holloman JP, Ho CC, Hukki A, Huntley JL, Gallicano GI. The development of hematopoietic and mesenchymal stem cell transplantation as an effective treatment for multiple sclerosis. Am J Stem Cell. 2013;2(2):95-107. ISSN:2160-4150/AJSC1305001. Epub 2013 June 30.
- Karussis D, Karageorgiou C, Vaknin-Dembinsky A, et al. Safety and immunological effects of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Arch Neurol. 2010 Oct;67(10):1187-94.
- Mohyeddin Bonab M, Yazdanbakhsh S, Lotfi J, et al. Does mesenchymal stem cell therapy help multiple sclerosis patients? Report of a pilot study. Iran J Immunol. 2007 Mar;4(1):50-7.
- Tang Y, Cui YC, Wang XJ, et al. Neural progenitor cells derived from adult bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells promote neuronal regeneration. Life Sci. 2012 Nov 2;91(19-20):951-8. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2012.09.005. Epub 2012 Sep 19.
- Yamout B, Hourani R, Salti H, et al. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in patients with multiple sclerosis: a pilot study. J Neuroimmunol. 2010 Oct 8;227(1-2):185-9.