How the KIR4.1 Autoantibody Could Change the Diagnosis and Treatment of MS
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Brooks M. KIR4.1 Antibodies in Blood May Precede MS by Years. Medscape Medical News from the. American Academy of Neurology (AAN) 66th Annual Meeting. Article 821075. February 25, 2014.
- Gilhus NE. Advances in the Treatment of Myasthenia Gravis. Future Neurology. 2012;7:701-708.
- KIR4.1 antibodies: A revolution in multiple sclerosis. Neuroimmunology Blog. http://neuroimmunology.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/kir4-1-antibodies-a-revolution-in-multiple-sclerosis/. Accessed May 8, 2014.
- Schneider R. Autoantibodies to potassium channel KIR4.1 in multiple sclerosis. front neurol. 2013; 4:125.
- Scutti S. MS symptoms may be predicted by antibody detected in your blood years before warning signs appear. Medical Daily. February 21, 2014.