Tecfidera Linked to PML Once Again
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Biogen Inc. (24 April 2015). Biogen Reports First Quarter 2015 Revenues of $2.6 Billion [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.fiercepharma.com/press-releases/biogen-reports-first-quarter-2015-revenues-26-billion
- Fiore K. (16 July 2015). Biogen Reports Another Tecfiera PML Case. MedPage Today. Retrieved from http://www.medpagetoday.com/Neurology/MultipleSclerosis/52622
- Nieuwkamp DJ, Murk JL, et al. PML in a patient without severe lymphocytopenia receiving dimethyl fumarate. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 9;372(15):1474-6. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc1413724.
- Rosenkranz T, Novas M, Terborg, C. PML in a patient with lymphocytopenia treated with dimethyl fumarate. N Engl J Med. 2015 Apr 9;372(15):1476-8. doi: 10.1056/NEJMc1415408.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (25 November 2014). FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA warns about case of rare brain infection PML with MS drug Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate). Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm424625.htm