Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Never Feel Relaxed, No Comfort?

I still with enormous fatigue, depression, and pain! I can never get comfort and I’ve been through eight beds in nine years!

I’ve heard sleep is the way to go but how can individuals living on fixed income like me afford such an expensive but necessary item? Any advice anyone?

Comments

• Prosk8r
    12 months ago

Hi. I too am NEVER comfortable! My legs are like rocks and so heavy and difficult to move. But I’m trying so hard to keep moving. I go to the gym and try to transfer to the machines that work my arms. We must keep trying through the pain and fatigue and keep as positive as we can. I know what you’re going through and you’re not alone

• Stephanie J author
    12 months ago

Thank you! Your not alone either! Keep on pushing! Never give up…

• Harleydog1
    1 year ago

You never know there a lot good people out there. I wish I could help

• Stephanie J author
    1 year ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! This MS connection has given me a whole new Outlook on life with so much positive from others who understand. I put up a GoFundMe Page about 3 weeks ago. I just simply named it Johnson Family Medical Needs. I only explained on the page about heat and how I needed help financing Air Conditioning with an explanation why… I’ve only received 1 donation for $25 so far. Maybe there will be that person out there who cares like you and I’ll be able to finally feel comfort… I just want to feel ok again… Thank you for making me smile today!

• ripster
    1 year ago

Yeah I also suffer from restless legs and night sleep. I take tizanadine and gabapentin and it works great.

• Stephanie J author
    1 year ago

Thank you for the suggestions! I’ve heard about the medication gabapentin but it’s never been mentioned to me by my neourologist? I will be sure to ask! I’m very excited that you have found relief…

• msbevo
    1 year ago

Stephanie, I also suffered from fatigue and lack of a good nights sleep due to my leg jerks. My doctor recommended a muscle relaxer at night along with a Gabapentin and it was a life saver for me.

• Dorry
    1 year ago

So sorry to hear of your problems with depression, fatigue & Pain. Which interferes with Sleep patterns. If this is your problem you need to speak to your G.P. who may be able to help you with some meds to assist you. As far as needing a new bed on a limited income can be a challenge too far. Perhaps Social Workers can assess you and meet this need. I live in the U.K. and whilst we have services here to assist us they are becoming more difficult due to lack of resources. Pity I live in the U.K. otherwise I could have donated a good king size bed to you. Perhaps you can put an advert in the papers or shops titled WANTED. and then fill in the gaps as to what you need. Some good Samaritan may just meet this need. You can also target Churches. Someone somewhere can meet a need. It is sourcing this that will be your greatest challenge. Best wishes and I hope you have your needs met.

• Stephanie J author
    1 year ago

Thank you Dorry, your ideas are very much appreciated! I wish there were many more understanding, kind people like you seemed to be! It’s difficult when your living with an invisible disease for others to comprehend entirely I believe? I started a GoFundMe page about 3 weeks ago (http://link.email.dynect.net/link.phpDynEngagement=true&H=NHOkGrDLOAYQzmt5GGcOPcAIgtrhltbFTZo0vWHFe6ANSRi0gHD4%2FdFVMvsnwRUlv%2BMAZisHAnWlq6v7auvDi2%2FmAb1yLD4kODHq5%2FZk1JZS9xVY3OJXMg%3D%3D&G=21&R=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gofundme.com%2Fjohnson-familymedicalneeds%3Futm_source%3Dinternal%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_content%3Dcampaign_link_t%26utm_campaign%3Dwelcome&I=20180620213630.000000de7364%40mail6-71-usnbn1&X=MHw3NzY2NjI6VEVNUElEXzMyMDM7MXw3NzY2NjM6UVVFVUVJRF8xMzI3MTc3MDA0OzJ8Nzc2NjY0OkRPTUFJTl9nbWFpbC5jb207&S=l2fo74Q1MtIGCPzjW25PBM7lS9SbaaFBJT9ZcH2rhRg) and I have received a donation so there are people willing to reach out… When I get into situations like this I feel embarrassed and like a burden? Apparently the link I just posted is supposed to be for my campaign tired Johnson’s Medical Needs however not sure it should be that long? Anyone who would like to share my page please feel free to do so… I’ve been told that if I pay it on Facebook I would get many more followers to donate but I just can’t think about dealing with social media back lash? Thank you again and I will try using your ideas that are available here in the U.S.! Take care…

• Stephanie J author
    1 year ago

If anyone is interested in my story here is the correct link! Thank you again!

• Meagan Heidelberg moderator
    1 year ago

Hi Stephanie! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. You’re never alone. Have you spoken to your physician about this feeling? Just curious if this could be some spasticity; https://multiplesclerosis.net/living-with-ms/spasticity-literal-pain/.
    Best – Meagan, MultipleSclerosis.net Team Member

• Stephanie J author
    1 year ago

Thank you so much for caring enough to respond… I have not talked about spactisity however it would make sense? I will let you know after my next doctor visit… I pray I find some relief soon! I don’t feel like me, Stephanie, at all anymore?

• Meagan Heidelberg moderator
    8 months ago

Any word from your physician, Stephanie? How are you feeling?

Warmly – Meagan, MultipleSclerosis.net Team Member