Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

Teresa Wright-Johnson

MultipleSclerosis.net community advocate Teresa Wright-JohnsonTeresa Wright-Johnson is indeed a heart that MatterS. Born with a heart murmur and an aortic valve defect, she has fought heart disease for her entire life. Teresa identifies as a Survivor and proudly shares her story. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2014 and added to the title of Survivor is Warrior. Teresa believes that she will triumph over these challenges with faith, family, perseverance, proper medical care and advocacy. Teresa wears the scar on her chest proudly, recognizing that it is indeed her badge of courage. Teresa encourages children and adults to fully embrace their scars, flaws and differences, knowing that true love begins within. She truly believes in empowering and encouraging everyone.

A graduate of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, Teresa has an extensive background in criminal justice and social services. She is a retired Parole Officer and uses her life lessons to uplift, empower and inspire. Teresa truly believes that where there is life there is hope and with hope anything is possible. She aspires to be the light that shines in darkness.

Teresa knows that service impacts lives and strengthens communities. Teresa currently serves as the Health and Wellness Chair of the Easton Branch NAACP #2260, Board of Directors Member for the Lehigh Valley American Heart Association, Engagement Committee Member for iConquerMS, Heart Valve Voice-US Board Member and other transformational and ground breaking patient advisory councils. Teresa writes a column for MS News Today, titled Patiently Awakened and has been published on other platforms such as Emerge Woman, Ipain, Modern Day MS and Nia magazines. Teresa is a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Her passion to serve is evident and she will continue to do so until her earthly assignment is complete.

Teresa has received several accolades and commendations including the
PA House of Representatives Recognition for Outstanding Health Awareness, PA Legislative Black Caucus Acknowledgment, the Easton Branch #2260 NAACP Image Award for Health Awareness and the Newark Bronze Shields, Inc. inaugural Courage Award “I am the face of a survivor, I am all of my pain and glory. Not always picture perfect, yet I am alive to tell my story.” This is my “Survivor’s Anthem.” For more information regarding Teresa, visit www.teresawrightjohnson.com

Click here to read all of Teresa’s articles on MultipleSclerosis.net.

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy.