Multiple Sclerosis 101: Understanding PML and the JC Virus
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers. Anti-JCV Antibody Index may further define PML. 2013. http://www.neurologyreviews.com/home/article/anti-jcv-antibody-index-may-further-define-pml-risk/22f95c227d4d3c6c5b44a31832886901.html
- MSAA 2014 Tysabri Research Update. http://www.mymsaa.org/publications/msresearch-update-2014/tysabri/.
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA investigating rare brain infection in patient taking Gilenya (fingolimod). http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm366529.htm.
- National Institutes of Health. NINDS Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy Information Page. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/pml/pml.htm.
- Understanding PML, JCV, and the potential risks. Tysabri web page. http://www.tysabri.com/about/safety.
- Hutchinson, M., et. al. (2009). The efficacy of natalizumab in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis: subgroup analyses of AFFIRM and SENTINEL. Journal of Neurology, 256(3), 405-415.