Insomnia and MS: The Steroid Connection
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Mellen Center Approaches: Management of MS relapses. Cleveland Clinic. Accessed June 10, 2019. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/-/scassets/files/org/neurological/multiple-sclerosis/13-neu-551-relapse-fact-sheet.ashx?la=en.
- Neel, A. 10 Types of Meds That Can Cause Insomnia. AARP. Accessed June 10, 2019. https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-supplements/info-04-2013/medications-that-can-cause-insomnia.html.
- Lattanzi S, Cagnetti C, Danni M, Provinciali L, Silvestrini M (2017) Oral and intravenous steroids for multiple sclerosis relapse: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Neurol 264:1697–1704
- Treating Multiple Sclerosis Relapses. MSAA. Accessed June 10, 2019. https://mymsaa.org/ms-information/treatments/relapses/
- Fields, T. Steroid Side Effects: How to Reduce Corticosteroid Side Effects. Hospital for Special Surgery. Updated April 11, 2017. Accessed June 10, 2019. https://www.hss.edu/conditions_steroid-side-effects-how-to-reduce-corticosteroid-side-effects.asp