3 Tips for MS Pain When it Threatens a Good Night’s Sleep
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Allf, B. The Three Pillars of Human Health. Diering Lab, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. http://dieringlab.web.unc.edu/2018/04/the-three-pillars-of-human-health/. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- Ingraham, P. Anxiety and Chronic Pain. PainScience.com. https://www.painscience.com/articles/anxiety.php. July 6, 2019.
- Why Chronic Pain Brings You Down — and How to Feel Better. Cleveland Clinic. https://health.clevelandclinic.org/why-chronic-pain-brings-you-down-how-to-feel-better/. Accessed July 25, 2019.
- Carey, B. Why It Hurts to Lose Sleep. New York Times. January 28, 2018. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/28/health/sleep-pain-research.html.
- Pain Catastrophizing Scale. Physiopedia. Accessed July 25, 2019. https://www.physio-pedia.com/Pain_Catastrophizing_Scale.
- Baron KG, Abbott S, Jao N, Manalo N, Mullen R. Orthosomnia: are some patients taking the quantified self too far? J Clin Sleep Med. 2017;13(2):351–354.
- Greenberg, M. Why Worrying Is Unhelpful, and One Thing You Can Do Instead. Psychology Today. March 30, 2019. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-mindful-self-express/201903/why-worrying-is-unhelpful-and-one-thing-you-can-do-instead.