Products in Development
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: August 2018.
- Research News and Progress. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Research-News-Progress. Published 2018. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Clinical Trials in MS. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Research-News-Progress/Clinical-Trials-in-MS. Published May 2017. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Filippini G, Del Giovane C, et al. Immunomodulators and immunosuppressants for multiple sclerosis: A network meta-analysis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 6 Jun 2013; 6, CD008933. Abstract available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23744561. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Levi MS, Brimble MA. A review of neuroprotective agents. Curr Med Chem. Sep 2004; 11(18), 2383-97.
- Belogurov A, Zakharov K, et al. CD206-targeted liposomal myelin basic protein peptides in patients with multiple sclerosis resistant to first-line disease-modifying therapies: A first-in-human, proof-of-concept dose-escalation study. Oct 2016; 13(4), 895-904. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13311-016-0448-0. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Ciurleo R, Bramanti P, Marino S. Role of statins in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Pharmacological Research. Sep 2014; 87, 133-43.
- Pihl-Jensen G, Tsakiri A, Frederiksen JL, Statin treatment in multiple sclerosis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. CNS Drugs. Apr 2015; 29(4), 277-91.
- Stem Cells in MS. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Research-News-Progress/Stem-Cells-in-MS. Published 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Stem Cell Treatment Could Be a Game-Changer for People with MS. TIME Health. http://time.com/5205946/stem-cell-treatment-multiple-sclerosis-patients/. Published March 19, 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Cohen JA, Imrey PB, et al. Pilot trial of intravenous autologous culture-expanded mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2018; 24(4), 501-11. Available from: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1352458517703802. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Harris VK, Stark J, et al. Phase I trial of intrathecal mesenchymal stem cell-derived neural progenitors in progressive multiple sclerosis. EBioMedicine: The Lancet. https://www.ebiomedicine.com/article/S2352-3964(18)30051-3/fulltext. Published February 3, 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat Multiple Sclerosis. FDA.gov. https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm549325.htm. Published March 29, 2017. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Treating SPMS. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/What-is-MS/Types-of-MS/Secondary-progressive-MS/Treating-Secondary-Progressive-MS. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Phase 3 Trials in Multiple Sclerosis. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/NationalMSSociety/media/MSNationalFiles/Research/phase-3-studies-2017.pdf. Published May 2017. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Evaluating the Effect of Fingolimod with Fish Oil on Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Patients. ClinicalTrials.gov. Trial ID: NCT02939079.
- Research and Clinical Trials: Trends in Multiple Sclerosis Research. Johns Hopkins Medicine. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/multiple_sclerosis/research/index.html. Accessed August 3, 2018.
- Avasarala J. It’s time for combination therapies: In multiple sclerosis. Innov Clin Neurosci. May-Jun 2017; 14(5-6), 28-30. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5605202/. Accessed August 3, 2018.