Stem Cell Transplantation for the Treatment of MS
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: August 2018.
- Stem Cells in MS. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Research-News-Progress/Stem-Cells-in-MS. Published 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Shroff G. A review on stem cell therapy for multiple sclerosis: Special focus on human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells Cloning. 2018; 11, 1-11. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5813951/. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Stem Cell Treatment Could Be a Game-Changer for People with MS. TIME Health. http://time.com/5205946/stem-cell-treatment-multiple-sclerosis-patients/. Published March 19, 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- New Stem Cell Treatment for MS is a ‘Game Changer.’ PBS.org: Nova Next. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/new-stem-cell-treatment-for-ms-is-a-game-changer/. Published March 19, 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells and iPSCs. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Research-News-Progress/Stem-Cells-in-MS/Mesenchymal-Stem-Cells. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Cohen JA, Imrey PB, et al. Pilot trial of intravenous autologous culture-expanded mesenchymal stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosis. Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 2018; 24(4), 501-11. Available from: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1352458517703802. Accessed July 29, 2018.
- Harris VK, Stark J, et al. Phase I trial of intrathecal mesenchymal stem cell-derived neural progenitors in progressive multiple sclerosis. EBioMedicine: The Lancet. https://www.ebiomedicine.com/article/S2352-3964(18)30051-3/fulltext. Published February 3, 2018. Accessed July 29, 2018.