What Happened Before My Diagnosis of PPMS!

It really started to get bad around October of 2015 after I had been in the hospital twice in a month and a half for "sepsis".

I had been driving my pick-up truck to visit family in California. That night I checked myself into a Casino in Laughlin Nevada for the night and was going to get California. The next day but woke up with them severe pain my left side that just wouldn't go away.

So, I packed my bag and headed down to check (still in much PAIN) so I went to get some bottled water and something to eat thinking it would go away. But, just got worse from the water paid for a club sandwich and couldn't eat it.

Made my way to my truck and tried to drive to the hospital (had stop three times before making it there horrible pain and dry heaving) got into the Emergency room got checked out quickly. Even though they were busy. I had a kidney stone was given morphine and was released about 3 am.

Still not feeling good but they said I would pass the stone drove to get something to eat and had a hard time doing that when I was finished I thought I would just go to a Wal-Mart parking lot to sleep for awhile before I drive to California. Woke up feeling worse than I did before could barely stand up so I called 911 got an ambulance ride for only five miles but I felt that I could not drive there. When I arrived I had a fever and felt really sick with much pain.

I was in ICU for about 4 days and in the hospital for four more days. Upon release I had to stay there for another week while the antibiotics killed the blood infections.

Trying to make this post shorter. Never made it to California but got to see my sister and a close friend before I went back home after I got better to be able to drive. Kidney stones and all, got back to Arkansas. Saw my PC and got referral for Urologist. I was told I should get called by end week, but I had to call on Friday called several times and no answer. Finally talked to someone and was told that it could be about two weeks before seeing the doctor. But, I had to go back to work before two weeks.

While being an OVER THE ROAD TRUCK DRIVER I couldn't wait any longer so on a Monday went back to work. Five days later I was back in the Hospital ICU and sepsis again. Seven days later got out and got home than surgery to remove stone that kept blocking my urethra.

I truly believe that two times sepsis caused my symptoms to progress. I had many problems with walking and fatigue, dizziness and vertigo. After many tests I received my diagnosis of PPMS in May of 2016.

IF YOU READ THIS SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG, but it was what happened! WOW! Couldn't make it any shorter! :)

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy. We never sell or share your email address.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Join the conversation

or create an account to comment.