Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

One Woman Wolf Pack..??

Upon receiving your diagnosis, the doctors usually mention how there’s support groups out there. How there are others out in this world like you, dealing with the same issue as you. To help you through your time of struggle, so to speak. For me, I found it diffucult to find anyone who was the same age that was also diagnosed with the disease.

I was 13 when my diagnosis was confirmed. Sure, there were kids younger than me who also had it but I was only interested in finding someone exactly in my age range. It almost seemed rare at the time, to have a teenager with MS in my area. My mother seeked out many websites and found many support groups online..but still only mothers to children far younger than me.

Now, I’m almost 19 and have barely come across any MS patients…ever. It’d be nice to befriend and help anyone in a simlar situation as me out. Plus, I’m totally hilarious if that helps sway your decision?

Comments

• Sherry

I am chiming in kina late, I hope that you have been befriended by these wonderful people! mS can be a trying illness not well understood, often misunderstood! You will have good days and bad days , and some kinda so, so days, lol,lol :)! But we are all right! It will take more than MS to take us down, lol,lol:)

• Sherry

PS I forgot U know it is the mind it is what they say lol,lol:) my email is smomdukes@northstate.net should U want to email me or anyone else it’ cool! I was DX in 2004 they say I had it all my life it reared it’s head when I was um 45 het it’s a blurry, lol,lol:). But it’s cool!

• SteongerthanMS

I completely feel ur pain! It drives me nuts that no one can truly understand out pain if they don’t have MS!… I’m currently going thru my 2nd flare up and it’s scary to become completely helpless and feel so alone! I pray that with such a young do that research and cures just continue to get better for is there is still so much I wanna do and I hate being dependent on medication! Feel free to email me @ mz.beautufuldymend@gmail.com

• Ashley

Gabby, I was 15 when I was diagnosed. I am now 20. I know the loneliness you have felt. When people hear I have MS, one of the most common reactions is “wow you’re really young.” I would love to connect with someone my age. I’m currently in the middle of a pretty bad relapse and this falls at the perfect time. My email is jhbound@gmail.com. Let’s chat! Stay strong!

• Kaitlin Emily

Hey Gabby, I’ve totally been there! I was dx’d at 12 and went through most of my life thinking that if I wasn’t doing well, nobody would believe me since I “looked” fine. It didn’t help that the support groups that I did learn about were full of much older people who were at more advanced stages of the disease. When a teacher in grade 9 asked me what treatment course I’d be following and I told her one inj. of Copaxone per day, she said “oh, don’t complain, my husband has diabetes and he has to take four injections a day!” This is the kind of feedback that I got. It wasn’t until my second year of university that I started to seek help in my education. I’m 24 with a degree in Neuroscience and am working in research. I felt that this was a pretty big accomplishment. Now, with the Ph.D. that I’m working for pushing me relentlessly toward graduate school, without any regard for my situation, I feel like it’s about to begin all over again!

• SteongerthanMS

You have great accomplishments and I wish u all the best!

• Kaitlin Emily

All that to say that I know what it’s like to feel that you have no support from people who understand what you’re going through and I’d be happy to chat with you! You can email me at kaitlincurtiss@hotmail.com 🙂

• Jennkeyes

I was diagnosed at 17. I am now 38 yrs old with only 1 relapse in the past 16 years. I think it’s almost “better” that we got diagnosed young. Because We started treatment right away ( 16 yrs) ago. Please email me. Jenn 10052005@optonline.net. I’d like to chat 🙂

• Tom

Hi. I am more than happy to be your friend. I have many MS friends on my FB page. Just write me at taocpa@yahoo.com.

The more friends, the better. It helps to talk to others because no one truly knows what we go through.