Update

I am still waiting. I can't get into the neurologist till 12 October privately. I had a couple of weeks of intense increasing symptoms which prompted me to contact my GP again and we decided to try see a general physician specialist to hopefully get some tests underway. I can't see him til the 15 of September so it's still a long wait, but mentally easier to deal with than waiting til October.

I can also try to see if my health insurance will cover some tests if my GP arranges them. Normally they will only cover an MRI if requested by a specialist.

My symptoms have decreased

The happier news is that, while I do still have symptoms, they have decreased, particularly in terms of intensity, frequency, and the number of things that were all happening at once. It was really full-on and scary for a while there. I don't like the feelings I'm getting in my nerves and I am still pretty sensitive to noise but thankful things seem to be calming down a bit.

Wouldn't be surprised if I've been through a relapse

It will be interesting to see what tests reveal and if my hunch is right about all this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I have been going through a relapse with this being the first time symptoms have increased to such an intense degree including new symptoms.

More on this topic

We will see.

Thanks for reading.

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy. We never sell or share your email address.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Join the conversation

or create an account to comment.