Can’t Stomach MS? You’re Not Alone
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Smith, L. Gastroparesis: What you need to know. Medical News Today. Updated June 15, 2018. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313873.php
- Ghareghani M, Reiter RJ, Zibara K, Farhadi N. Latitude, Vitamin D, Melatonin, and Gut Microbiota Act in Concert to Initiate Multiple Sclerosis: A New Mechanistic Pathway. Front Immunol. 2018;9:2484. Published 2018 Oct 30. doi:10.3389/fimmu.2018.02484
- Acid reflux and sleep disorders: Both can be hidden. American Sleep Apnea Association. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.sleepapnea.org/acid-reflux-gerd-sleep/
- Body mass index may play a significant role in the progression of multiple sclerosis. Eureka Alert. Published April 11, 2019. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-04/asrc-bmi041119.php.
- Preziosi G, Gordon-Dixon A, Emmanuel A. Neurogenic bowel dysfunction in patients with multiple sclerosis: prevalence, impact, and management strategies. Degener Neurol Neuromuscul Dis. 2018;8:79–90. Published 2018 Dec 6. doi:10.2147/DNND.S138835
- Kuriakose, T., Raj, A. A Review on Multiple Sclerosis and Persistent Hiccup Management. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research. June 15, 2018. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.ejpmr.com/admin/assets/article_issue/1533037465.pdf
- Nurse’s Quick Reference: Caring for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis. National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/NationalMSSociety/media/MSNationalFiles/Brochures/Ayag_Nursing-Book_Final.pdf
- Gastroparesis. Mayo Clinic. Accessed June 17, 2019. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastroparesis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355787