MS Research Spotlight: Telerehabilitation, Anesthesia, & More
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The MultipleSclerosis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- University of Cambridge. "Cell types affected in brains of multiple sclerosis patients pinpointed." ScienceDaily. 17 July 2019. www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190717132750.htm (Accessed August 7, 2019).
- Shaw, Michael T, Pamela Best, Ariana Frontario, and Leigh E Charvet. “Telerehabilitation Benefits Patients with Multiple Sclerosis in an Urban Setting.” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, (July 2019). doi:10.1177/1357633X19861830.
- Multiple Sclerosis Rehabilitation. Johns Hopkins Medicine. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/physical_medicine_rehabilitation/services/programs/multiple-sclerosis-rehab.html. Accessed August, 2019.
- Bender, K. Transcranial Stimulation at Home Reduces Fatigue in Multiple Sclerosis. MD Magazine. Published January 3, 2019. https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/transcranial-stimulation-at-home-reduces-fatigue-multiple-sclerosis.
- University of Plymouth. Standing frame intervention improves life for people with multiple sclerosis, research shows. Medical Xpress. July 10, 2019. https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-07-intervention-life-people-multiple-sclerosis.html.
- Freeman J, Hendrie W, Jarrett L, et al. Assessment of a home-based standing frame programme in people with progressive multiple sclerosis (SUMS): a pragmatic, multi-centre, randomised, controlled trial and cost-effectiveness analysis. The Lancet Neurology. 2019;18(8):736-747. doi:10.1016/s1474-4422(19)30190-5.
- Reviewing Medical Histories Reveals No Increase in MS Relapse Risk After Surgery, Anesthesia. National MS Society. Published July 8, 2019. https://www.nationalmssociety.org/About-the-Society/News/Reviewing-Medical-Histories-Reveals-No-Increase-in
- Imhoff, J. Does Anesthesia, Invasive Surgery Increase Multiple Sclerosis Relapse Risk? University of Michigan Health Lab. June 28, 2019. https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/body-work/does-anesthesia-invasive-surgery-increase-multiple-sclerosis-relapse-risk
- Researchers hope to develop a breath test to diagnose MS. MS Society UK. July 4, 2019. https://www.mssociety.org.uk/research/latest-research/latest-research-news-and-blogs/researchers-hope-to-develop-a-breath-test-to-diagnose-ms#